The drumbeat for “the right” of Mexicans to form a new nation, “Republica del Norte,” composing northern Mexico and the southwestern U.S., based upon their claim that this region was their ancient homeland, Aztlan, is patently absurd, and here’s why:
- Aztlan or Atlan is of the same word root as Atlantic, and the atl suffix in Mexican means water, so to look for Atlan in the desert southwest of the U.S. is a stretch which snaps the cord.
- The ancient Mexican books Popol Vu and Chilam Balam say that the ancient ancestors came from across the eastern ocean, that is the Atlantic.
- The huge columns, sometimes 80 feet tall, of some ancient Mexican temples are called atlanteans, columns in the classic ancient Mediterranean style, some remnants of which have been discovered submerged off Bimini, southern Spain, and Morocco, part of the now submerged Atlantean Empire.
- Since Atlan was obviously a seafaring culture, to say that Atlan “really means the land of the herons, the desert southwest of the U.S.,” is obviously ridiculous.
- Dutch legend speaks of an ancient civilization now submerged in the Atlantic, they call it Atland, same as the Mexicans’ Atlan.
- Spanish and Portuguese legends speak of a now submerged empire in the Atlantic called Atlantida or Atlantica, the Mexicans’ Atlan.
- Diodorus Siculus and Herodotus referred to the people of the Atlas Mountain region of Morocco and Libya as the Atlantioi, part of the Atlantean Empire, which Plato said extended both inside and outside the Pillars of Hercules (Strait of Gibraltar).
- The ancient Mayan numbering system uses precession numbers such as 36, 72, and 144, derived from the methodology in article #2 at http://IceAgeCivilizations.com), so it’s obvious that they were ancient navigators, from Atlan, utilizing the same mapping methodology as the Egyptians, and not coincidentally, the ancient Hunab measuring length from Mexico is exactly twice the length of the Egyptian royal cubit, derived from the same methodology as what the Egyptians used.
- The Manding language of northwest Africa bears strong affinity to the ancient Olmec language (see the work of Clyde Winters), the first settlers in Mexico, precession navigators who came from across the Atlantic “during a time of black rain and constant twilight” (Ice Age), when they could “measure the round face of the earth and the arch of the sky” (precession mapping).
- The namesake of Atlan was Atlas, the map man, so the center of the empire was near the Atlas Mountains of Morocco, and some of her cities are now megalithic ruins submerged near Gibraltar.
It’s obvious that Aztlan in the U.S. is a specious notion based upon a desire for a land grab. “Republica del Norte” is a political wish, and nothing more, based upon the absurdity that Atlan is the desert of the southwest U.S., whereas, the connection to the Atlantic is obvious and unavoidable, so spread the word.
The Mexicans will just have to get used to the idea that they’ll have to share Atlan as their long lost homeland with the Moroccans, the Libyans, the Maltese, the French, the Spaniards, the Dutch, the English, the Guanches of the Canary Islands, and the Bahamians, all who lost land when the Ice Age ended. See the big picture here http://genesisveracityfoundation.com.